Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Star Crossed Lovers


As stated below Shyanne was invited to the Monticello Prom by Farrell Doucet. I'm so glad that they are friends. They had a great weekend, and so did I since I got to go see my best friend Lora. Farrell had a ton of stuff planned the only problem was that their prom was on a Friday night. So, they hung out for awhile, then I did Shyanne's hair, then they went to dinner. They then went to the prom, as well as Lora, Dayne, Chase and I. They still have a tradition that the Junior class does the "Promonade". This year was no different and Farrell happened to be in it this year. So I think everyone and their brother (and sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, grandparents) for each kid was there. We even had to pay the ticket price to go in for 30 min. 10 freekin dollars per person. That sucked!
Anyway, it was fabulous. The kids danced to Taylor Swift's "Love Song" and it made me cry. It was decorated sooo nicely. The best I think I have ever seen as far a High School proms go. We adults left and were hanging out when Shyanne and Farrell walked in the door like 30 min later. They were done with the dance. So they went out to the studio and watched a movie. Chase got home later than they did and he didn't even have a date! They had a great time and had fun the rest of the weekend. By the way, she did get a new prom dress!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, you posted something. YEAH! You should do it more often and don't tell me you don't have anything to write about. Oh, where are the pictures of this Prom? Would love to see some. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so pretty!! I can't believe how grown up she is and that I met her when she was 3. Where has the time gone??

    ReplyDelete